Wednesday 15 February 2012

Paddling Pools Make Great Makeshift Baths For Dogs

So Brand New were, as expected pretty good. Although there was a severe lack of songs from Daisy, it's not my favourite album anyway. I would have sold everyone i've ever met  and loved down the river in a heartbeat to hear The Shower Scene nonetheless. I swapped my standing for a seating ticket, having purchased the ticket from a mate in work only to find out it was completely sold out I was not prepared to be hustled and bustled by teenagers. The ultimate sweet irony was that I was once exactly one of those types, 15 years old at brand new in 2007 right after Devil and God came out. Time certainly ages and enrages you. While I can't say they are now my gospel for life as they once were, they can belt out a tune.

more importantly, the review's getting submitted to wherever I can. More often than not (and probably linked to the reasons for this blog existing) I'm getting the irresistable urge to write, review and analyse. Hampered by extreme laziness, back in the days of drinking and whatever else every single day for pure entertainment I'm getting more and more a kick out of scribbling down any thoughts and ideas that appear in my warped mind.

it's important, actually essential to write from inside, and write "what you know." amusingly, this was one of the first things, or philosophies we were told in HNC Journalism, back when I was 17 with my bleach blonde hair and bad attitude. It's even crazier to think that was nearly 4 years ago. Am i starting to develop a full-fledged, "back in the day" behind me??? Hopefully youth isn't seeping out through the window. hopefully not.

Writing from my head, and sometimes (just for soppy points) from the heart is a lesson i've rediscovered in recent weeks. Seeing an old favourite band last night brought back not only the necessary nostalgic twinge, but the feeling even bigger that I have to do something and start enjoying the free-form focus of writing and reflecting on the wondrous things I see and feel every day. Such as it is!

For all I cast it off when the pitfalls of higher education failed me and put me off journalism forever, it's creeping back into my psyche as something to enjoy, something to do, and ultimately, just a way of life. My greatest fear, it seems is ending up in a call centre or some other nameless role just being cushty with enough money to do myself, go out and enjoy myself and continue life on the worn path it's on. fortunately and un-fortunately for me it's been this, along with the drag of university life that have served as inspiration to put it all out there and give what I know i'm into a bash.

I could almost regard myself as a poster boy for procrastination (What is with all this alliteration?), and now, that time is coming to an end. The potential for a new job, new things and hopefully a new musical endeavour is on the horizon.

In fact, new resolution, it's not "hopefully," it's FUCKIN HAPPENIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment