Thursday 9 February 2012

The Difficult First Blog

The biggest irony in starting my own blog comes from a dismissive retort to anyone's critical or dismissive comments towards myself which I have (and still do!) employ, "Save it for your blog." (it rarely offends as much as I'd like it to). So starting my own blog, namely eating my own words and spitting them back out again is exactly what I'm doing.

Fortunately I possess virtually no talent at web design or layout so the agonising process of choosing a font, layout and background has taken me all of 10 seconds. Ohh blue! Ohhh Ethereal! I spent more time this morning deciding if I wanted either a tuna or a cajun chicken toastie. But then again decisions like the latter are tense and difficult, and rightfully so.

The inspiration/kick-up-the-arse to finally expunge my soul onto the internet came today after constant one-second powercuts had this building (and probably a good chunk of the street) becoming something  of an epileptic disco for housewives for a good few hours. Additionally, the fire alarm evacuated the Strathclyde library, right after krazy khemists nearly blew up the James Weir building on Tuesday (in a great twist of fate, my classes, subsequently cancelled happened to be held there). I'll be damned if the student newspaper on Monday doesn't read "TERROR HITS STRATHCLYDE!" and I'd look gorgeous in a gas mask if I'm being honest.

I shouldn't jest though. University education is important, probably vital in the days where you now need a 2:1 to stack shelves in Aldi, judging by how many jobs there seem to be, relative to the souls that apply for them. I happen to also possess one of those jobs, but there are dire consequences for berating or discussing your employers on the internet, especially when everything you say can be traced right back to yourself. So that aspect will not even get so much as a mention, ever.

Well that was a difficult first post. Some actual content may rear its ugly head next time, and I will make this all look very interesting and scenic with an awfully handled picture of Edinburgh








No comments:

Post a Comment